On September 28th and 29th, 2022, Meta hosted the Nonprofit Education Conference. During the virtual event, we heard from international nonprofits how they use Meta technologies to further their missions including:
- The Ad Council, International Rescue Committee, Good United, CARE USA, American Cancer Society
- Cancer Research UK, Give Panel in the UK
- SaferNet in Brazil
In review, we’d like to share the top 5 takeaways from the conference and encourage you to check out videos from the event for inspiration as you continue contributing to our communities.
- Adapting your strategies can help drive digital transformation
By using digital as a way to build community, your organization can help solve social issues at scale and transform your digital strategy.
- Meta technologies can help empower your communities
Leveraging Facebook, Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp can help empower your community and garner more donations for your organization.
- Building a test and learn strategy may drive more donations and reach new audiences
By using an “always learning” mindset, your organization can test different strategies and apply the learnings to your organic and paid solutions.
- Nonprofits have a role to play in building the metaverse
Nonprofits tell us that they are interested in using the metaverse for two main reasons: the first is transforming how they work - so collaboration, education and training. The second is campaigning, so storytelling and fundraising.
- Using creators can be an agent of change for your organization
Creators are influential and can unlock their superpowers in the social good space. Creators can help your organization to create engaging content and drive positive change in the world.